A safe space to share, empower and engage with women* of African, Asian, Arab and Caribbean descent living in the UK.
What does the Black Women’s Forum UK do?
- We offer a safe, open and supportive space for Black Women, to come together to discuss and explore complex issues via all our social media platforms.
- We open a dialogue between Black Women to discuss issues pertinent in their communities. This includes but is not limited to issues of racism, intergenerational conflict, mental health, self-care, empowerment, navigating the job force and self-actualisation.
- We offer a consultancy service for organisations interested in seeking support in ways to assist Black Women.
- We build a supportive and empowering network of Black women who can offer mentoring and support services for other Black Women.
- We share good practice and policy recommendations with other organisations.
*women including trans and non-binary people
- Conference Programme: our annual day-long annual conference has a selection of panels and workshops with speakers and professional from all disciplines. We offer a safe space and encourage open dialogue and honesty, creating an environment where Black women can meet, share, organise and feel empowered in discussing germane issues, form stronger bonds, and build lasting friendships.
- Master Class Workshops: Through partnerships, we deliver master classes for black women on academia, mental health, self-care, organising and mentoring.
- Information: We publicise news, campaigns and support Black owned businesses via our facebook page , twitter and mailing list.